Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Blunt injury to the jaws causing swelling - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2584 Questions

Doctor :   Hi
User :   hello
Doctor :  
How can i help you?
User :   Well, I was assulted three days ago...
Doctor :  
User :   punched in the jaw,
Doctor :  
User :   instantly the area where I struck began to swell
User :   looks like there is an egg under the skin
Doctor :  
User :   very bad looking but no pain
User :   bruising
User :   as i expected
Doctor :  
User :   Im curious is there fluid in this type of swelling the comes instantly?
Doctor :  
May i know your age and gender?
User :   22 male
Doctor :  
there are no fluid that is secreted over the site of injury.
User :   nope, the skin wasnt broken or even scratched on the outside, my teeth did not puncture the skin on the inside either
Doctor :  
However it can cause inflammatory reaction causing the swelling.
Doctor :  
What was the weapon that was used to assault you?
User :   closed fist with a roll of quarters packed in hand
Doctor :  
Though there were no external wounds the blunt injury can itself cause the swelling.
Doctor :  
You can visit a GP for further evaluation and proper treatment.

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor