Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Bluish discoloration in armpit - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
User :   Under my arm near my armpit my skin has turned blue. It doesn't hurt and it's not ink of any kind. I've been working out lately and am afraid I might have hurt myself in the process.
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   I a
Doctor :   Let me read your query
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   First of all, what type of sensations do you feel over the area?
User :   It's a little sore and a little numb
Doctor :   Ok

Doctor :   May I know your age and gender?
User :   21 female
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Do you remember of any injury to the area?
User :   i was doing a tricep workout and i was straining a little but i don't recall any real sense of pain
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   If you press the area does it pain? as you have mentioned that it is sore
User :   no pain
Doctor :   Ok

Doctor :   Has the skin opened up?
User :   what does that mean
Doctor :   Meaning a cut like or if the skin is intact?
User :   the skin is intact
Doctor :   Ok fine
Doctor :   Is it only on one side?
User :   on my right arm its underneath and on my left its a little blue on my elbow
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Did you have any fever of late?
User :   not for a while
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Do you feel a swelling like or is it same as the normal skin in feel, except for the color change?

User :   it seems normal
Doctor :   Ok

Doctor :   Now such type of skin lesion could be due to vascular change
Doctor :   or even a blood clot in the morning
Doctor :   the probable mechanism is like
Doctor :   there is collection of venous blood
Doctor :   the next possible cause is a dermatological problem like
Doctor :   just due to too much of friction in the area
User :   do you recommend that I see someone about it or is there something i can do at home to make it go away
Doctor :   Yes, I shall guide you in that

Doctor :   for now I would suggest you to give hot fomentation over the area
Doctor :   and I would suggest you to consult a General surgeon in person and get a physical examination done
Doctor :   Is that fine with you?

User :   yes that sounds great. thank you very much!
User :   i also have another question if that's fine with you
Doctor :   Sure

Doctor :   You can proceed with it
User :   i have these white freckles on my skin and i was wondering how i can get rid of them
Doctor :   Ok

Doctor :   Where is it distributed?
User :   mostly on my arms
Doctor :   Ok

Doctor :   Since when has it been?
User :   since i was a kid
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   It is a hypopigmentation problem
Doctor :   causing white patches on the skin
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor