Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Blood sugar high. What medicine and diet can i take? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 19-Mar-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Diabetes
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User:Hai my name is XXXX, my Fasting Blood sugar is 182 requierd to take medicines or control food diet
Doctor:You should take medicines
Doctor:your level is high
Doctor:along with food control and exercises
User:Suppose i start medicines the same needs to continue life long or stop when it is controlled level
Doctor:If your level comes to control you can stop it
Doctor:But for that you should start with exercise and strict food control too
Doctor:medicines alone wont help you stop it
User:what are the mainfood iteams inculded in the daily food cycle
Doctor:you mean to say for diabetics
User:Yea for diabetic and also for cholostrol
Doctor:You should avoid all high fat food like cheese, ghee,butter, red meat
Doctor:high sugar food like certain fruits
Doctor:you can have oranges also rice too
Doctor:you can have wheat,soya, ragi products and all high fiber foods like vegetables
User:can you specify some high fiber veg names
Doctor:ladies finger
Doctor:pumpkin,carrots, potaoes
Doctor: XXXXXXX leafy vegetables
Doctor:radish,brinjal basically almost all without peeling their skin
User:can i use Sugar free cubes in Teas and coffes
Doctor:yes do use it
User:and also known abot the ayurvedic medicines ,how long it will help reduce the diabetic
Doctor:I cannot tell you about it, since i have no idea about those type of treatments
Doctor:But if it takes a long time
Doctor:your sugar levels will increase
User:can i use Onion in daily food
User:ok Dr. thank you for your valuable suggestions ,i will defenitly follow the same
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor