Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Blood pressure and Cardiovascular Disorders - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions

User :   hello
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   i have a question on blood pressure, mine was 138/83, should i be worried?
Doctor :   no i don't think so
Doctor :   tell me your age and occupation
Doctor :   do you smoke/
User :   22 and in the air force
User :   no but i use chewing tobacco
Doctor :   120/80 is normal anything + or - 10 is normal.. and for a person to be considered hypertensive he should be found on 3 to 6 occasions repeatedly high bp
User :   they had me do a three day test (i came in every day for 3 days and got it checked) the avg for that was 125/82
Doctor :   k for your age it is unlikely to have high bp
Doctor :   it is normal..
User :   but heart attacks and heart disease are common on both sides of the family so i wanted to ask
Doctor :   may be due to incorrect instrument u got that reading
Doctor :   k
User :   thanks
Doctor :   then u should be worried after u reach the age of 35 and more
Doctor :   because heart diseases commonly manifest after 35 in average

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor