Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Blood discharge after a foreplay - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Women Sexual Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   myself and my boyfriend do not have sex, we are waiting for marriage, though occassionally we use our hands on eachother. I am not a virgin, 2 and a half years ago I had sex with one person twice, protected both times. I have recently noticed that directly after and sometimes during times when my boyfriend inserts his fingers into my vagina my discharge is slightly bloody. there is no pain with this and no spotting at other times. I am not on the pill or using any type of contraception, nor could I be pregnant. is this normal or what could be causing it?
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hello
Doctor :   May I know your age?
Doctor :   Since when have you noticed this problem?
User :   I am 21
User :   the last couple of months, I first thought that it might be related to my menstrual cycle but have since noticed that it isn't
Doctor :   Do you notice the spotting during the act or does it happen later on?
User :   mainly directly after, sometimes very little at the time
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Do you experience pain or discomfort during the act?
User :   none at all
User :   well, very occassionally a slight pain upon entry but i would put that down to lack of lubrication!
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Do you have any medical illness such as diabetes, thyroid problems?
User :   no
Doctor :   Have you recently got a PAP smear test?
User :   though a doctor mentioned some thyroid testing around a year ago, but never actually sent me for any tests. I was tested for diabetes however, and was negative
User :   no I haven't
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Let me brief you.
User :   thank you
Doctor :   Spotting during physical contact such as sexual exposure needs physical evaluation.
Doctor :   This is known to occur due to an infection or secondary to lyning epithelium dysmorphism.
Doctor :   You will need to see a gynecologist for physical examination and a pap smear may be necessary.
User :   I recently used a thrush treatment recommended by a pharmacist - could this be continuing symptoms of that?
User :   ok
User :   what is a pap smear?
Doctor :   Infection can cause the bleeding and this can be easily treated.
Doctor :   Pap smear is a test in which a cells lyning the vagina and cervix is scrapped and studied under microscope.
Doctor :   This is done to see if the cells have normal or abnormal morphology.
Doctor :   Have you followed?
User :   yes, thank you
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   is chlamydia possible? through researching online i have discovered that it can be a cause of spotting or unusual discharge but I am pretty certain I've not been unprotected during sex, im just a little over worried you see
Doctor :   Your symptoms are not significant to suggest a chlamydial infection.
User :   oh good!!
Doctor :   It may be due to the fungal infection itself.
User :   ok
Doctor :   However, I recommend you to see the gynecologist who after a physical examination and the test will be able to guide properly.
Doctor :   Hope I have answered your query.
User :   yes, thank you very much
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor :   Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor