Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Blocked nose while in AC - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
User :   i have a stuffy nose problem when i enter into AC room ,
Doctor :   Does the nose get blocked?
User :   but it gets clear when i come out of AC room
User :   nose get blocked and some time runny nose
Doctor :   You have allergy to cold
User :   yes
User :   is it serious thing?
Doctor :   Actually the dry cold air in the AC rooms is the problem
Doctor :   Not serious
Doctor :   Yoiu have to make it moist
User :   can it be cured with changing any food habits or is there some remedy for this...
Doctor :   by putting normal saline drops in each nostril
User :   becoz my collegage are fine ...
Doctor :   yes it is unlucky that you are allergic to dry cold
Doctor :   You can make yourself comfortable by Normal saline drops, once every 3 hours in each nostril
User :   will it become permanent then... i mean taking (saline drops) .. , is there any side effects?
Doctor :   No side effects but use them sparingly
Doctor :   Whenever your nose is blocked
User :   ok
User :   can it be cured with anything else ( kind of exercise, food habit, or medicine )?
Doctor :   Ofcourse breathing exercise like Pranayama helps
Doctor :   No relation with food
User :   ok
Doctor :   Medicines have not done any good
Doctor :   Pranayama, twice a day for 15 minutes each
Doctor :   before and after office
User :   ok
Doctor :   Top of a building
Doctor :   in a quiet and pollution free open space is good
Doctor :   Park
Doctor :   Did you understand?
Doctor :   Do not expose to high dusty timings in the traffice
Doctor :   Wear a mask to cover your hair, nose and mouth
User :   ok , i wear
User :   helmet...
Doctor :   Along with helmet you need to wear a scarf kind or hanky
Doctor :   to cover the hair
Doctor :   mouth and nose
Doctor :   This makes good difference
Doctor :   Check it out for 2 weeks
User :   ok
User :   i met ENT spec. 3 months before,, he told it happens becoz of the blood, so can i give donate my blood to others.
Doctor :   You can donate blood no problem
Doctor :   There is something called Eosinophils in the blood
User :   k
Doctor :   these will increase called Eosinophilia
Doctor :   We can do a AEC coun
Doctor :   Absolute Eosinophil count test
User :   i also have deviated nosil septum in my left nosril
Doctor :   This is called DNS, deviated nasal septum
Doctor :   You can check out if this DNS is causing more problems to you
Doctor :   Did your ENT advise for surgery fixing it
Doctor :   Is it grossly deviated
User :   i don't know that ,, but still i am able to breath with left nostril,
Doctor :   That is Ok
Doctor :   Just do as I say
Doctor :   1) Pranayama
Doctor :   2) Avoid dust and pollutantss
User :   but my ENT took head x-xray, gave nose drops, pills to clear fus out of the body, but he did not tell anyting about surgery
Doctor :   3) Cover your exposed areas of hands, mouth nose and hair when you travel at peak hours of traffice
User :   k
Doctor :   Good so there is no need for surgery then
Doctor :   It means you may not have a gross deviation
User :   it is affecting my work , not able to busy with my work
Doctor :   Would you like to take a second opinion from a different ENT specialist
Doctor :   Which area do you live?
User :   i live near (near RT ngr. hebal, behind esteem maal ) , i went to columbia-asia hospital
Doctor :   I suggest you a different ENT specialist
User :   k
Doctor :   Would you be willing to go
Doctor :   Dr. S. V. AAAAAAA
Doctor :   One of our customer care team shall help you with appointment fixing and the details about the doctor
Doctor :   Please confirm your phone numebr
User :   is it worth going to this doc? ,sorry for this question? becoz i had 2 round of check up without any solution...
Doctor :   To be very honest with you, allergy has not complete cure
Doctor :   You have to evade the allergy causing things
Doctor :   called allergens
User :   k
Doctor :   Now it is worth to know what are those allergens and try to avoid them in our daily life
User :   ok, i got it ,
Doctor :   Is it not?
Doctor :   So do you know what are those allergens?
Doctor :   for you?
User :   yea, do some changes in my routine life and see if there is any result..
Doctor :   There are newer therapies given by ENT physicians to reduce these allergic reactions
Doctor :   These are recent entry and are slightly high cost
User :   but i think doctor can help me to find out allergens.
Doctor :   Yes
Doctor :   There are called Skin allergen tests
Doctor :   There are desensitization treatments also
User :   ok ,
User :   one thing i just want to know , is it related to asthma or sinus ???
Doctor :   This is an answer only after few tests
User :   ok
Doctor :   Chest Xray, Xray PNS, CBC and Spirometry
Doctor :   I think it should be Sinus
Doctor :   infection
User :   k
User :   you have anthing to tell me?
User :   i mean anything else.
Doctor :   Lifestyle modifications with avoidance of allergy is the key note
Doctor :   and I stress on it
User :   k
Doctor :   All the best
Doctor :   Do you wish to take an appointment
Doctor :   with Dr. AAAAAAA
Doctor :   If so, please let us know we can arrange for it
User :   Thanks lot for you discussion, i will consider this in the FEB. sure i will let you know
Doctor :   Ok Thank you
Doctor :   Bye for now
User :   i think i got enough details from you. thanks once again!
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor