Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Blocked Urine,treatment - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   HOw may i help you?
User :   hello, my dad is 70 and my mother just told me that he cant pee and feels sick.
Doctor :   From when is he having this problem
Doctor :   Any similar problems in the past
User :   I believe just today. He is on high blood pressure and high cholesterol meds but they are under control. no never b/4
Doctor :   Ok Who is there with him
User :   my mom.
Doctor :   Has ge got urgency?
Doctor :   * he
User :   let me check please hold a sec
Doctor :   Ask your mother to feel for any hardness in the pelvic region of our father
Doctor :   When was his last annuals done.
Doctor :   Was he checked for prostrate antigens
User :   has urgency
Doctor :   Ok
User :   no hardness
Doctor :   the later
Doctor :   Any hardness or palpable mass ( yrinary bladder)
User :   has had check up 3 weeks ago and prostrate checked
Doctor :   * urinary bladder
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Now at present what your father needs is immidiete catherization
Doctor :   to drain the urine
Doctor :   There is no drug which can help him now
Doctor :   IT just a process of introducing a sterile rubber tube in his urethra and draining the urine
User :   it started last night. feels like he was hit by a brick
Doctor :   And also requires physical examination by an urologist.
Doctor :   This would have caused trauma to the urinary bladder resulting in hardening ND DISABILITY TO PASS URINE
User :   whats nd
Doctor :   *AND
User :   got it
Doctor :   So will rather advice you take him to your primary for catherazisation
Doctor :   Will resolve the issue immidietly
Doctor :   Is there any thing else i can help you with?
User :   can he wait until tomorrow
Doctor :   No it will be painfull for him
Doctor :   Very difficult indeed to control urgency with disability to pass urine
Doctor :   IF you cant meet your primary then go to the ER
Doctor :   i just takes few minutes for the procedure
User :   ok he said he would go now
User :   Thank you
Doctor :   Once catherized can meet urologist in a day or two
Doctor :   Wishing him a speedy recovery
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor :   Bye for now.

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor