Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Blisters on the foreskin, about the size of pin head with clear liquid, noticed after swimming, - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   Child foreskin blister
User :   Hi. My 5 year old son just got back from the pool and has 4 blisters on his foreskin
User :   We notcied after giving him a shower as he mentioned that it was hurting.
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   there is no puss. the blisters are full of clear liquid.
User :   and his foreskin is red/sore
Doctor :   Ok
User :   about the size of a pinhead i.e. 2mm maybe
User :   it looks jsut like a water droplet
Doctor :   How big is the blister?
User :   we could not find a doctor that would visit. I spoke to a pharmacist you said that there is no need to go to the clinic, just apply hydrochortisone and wait till tomorrow
User :   or canesten
User :   we only noticed it today
Doctor :   When did this develop?
Doctor :   Ok
User :   I thin we're lagged ...
User :   Hello ?
Doctor :   Since you report that the small blister appeared after bathing, it is minor trauma / minor burns due to hot water / relatively less likely due to allergy.
Doctor :   The possibility that it could be infectious is less likely.
Doctor :   Hydrocortisone or other soothening effects will definitely be helpful.
Doctor :   Avoid use of tight undergarments.
Doctor :   Keep the affected region clean and dry.
Doctor :   Watch out of increase in size of the blister or increase in the redness/appearance of new blisters.
Doctor :   Consult a doctor if such symptoms appear.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
Doctor :   Are you there?
Doctor :   Are you there?
Doctor :   I have to close the window as you are not responding. Please login and chat with us 24/7 if you have any further medical queries.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor