Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Blisters around my vagina, burning sensation - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   hi.. since yesterday i have developed blisters around my vagina. its painful has a burning sensation.. painful while moving around or touch, i would like to know that is there any medicine i can buy and administer myself, just avoiding going to a gynacologist.
Doctor :   Hi,
Doctor :   Are the blisters water filled ?
User :   they r leavin stains on my underwear
Doctor :   ok, are they filled with any fluid or pus ?
User :   fluid yes.. pus no
Doctor :   ok, Is there redness surrounding them ?
User :   yes
Doctor :   ok,may i know your age and are you sexually active ?
User :   im 30
User :   yes
Doctor :   The lesions could be HERPES , you have to visit a gynecologist
User :   ohk
Doctor :   meanwhile you can apply ZOVIRAX oint which will help
User :   what would b the treatment like
Doctor :   but the ointment alone is not the treatment , you have to be put on oral antivirals
Doctor :   oral antivirals only
Doctor :   tablet form
User :   ok i read somwr tht its not curable
Doctor :   no it is curable , but chances of recurrence and communicability are high
User :   oral antivirals.. you cant prescribe to me?
User :   ok
Doctor :   antivirals need a written prescription and also the diagnosis has to be confirmed by physical examination
User :   ok
Doctor :   before writing the medicine
User :   i live in chandigarh, so would you suggest any doctor?
Doctor :   please wait a minute i will search the best for you
User :   thank u
User :   ive recently got engaged...
User :   ok thanks
User :   we were sexually active last week
Doctor :   do not worry , and also abstain from intercourse til you are completely treated
User :   im facing this situation fr d first time
User :   cud he be the reason?
Doctor :   or better advice him to get examined and treated as well
Doctor :   yes, there are chances where he could be the reason
User :   he cud blame me fr givin it to him
User :   the last time we had sex ws on 20th feb. the first 16th feb. before ths he said he hdnt done it in 2 for me i hdnt in
User :   how long does it take for the symptoms to show?
Doctor :   minimum of 2 weeks
User :   hws tht possible in ths case
Doctor :   16th feb could be a possibility
User :   he had something happening on his mouth after 16th feb fr sure.. he said its vitaamin c deficiency or smthng
Doctor :   very rarely it can present early too , specially in first timers
Doctor :   herpes can be presented in oral cavity as small ulcers or even with the lesions like you have
User :   omg
User :   what to do now... i never got it before..
Doctor :   do not worry proceed as i advised
Doctor :   also ask him to get treated
User :   what would be the treatment for him
Doctor :   the same , if he too is confirmed of the same infection
User :   ok
User :   how long does it take fr d blisters to go away
Doctor :   not more than a 5 days to week if put on treatment
User :   ok
User :   should abstain myself from sex with him
User :   ?
Doctor :   yes, as i advised earlier
User :   no i mean forever?
Doctor :   no not at al . i meant til the infection is completely gone
User :   ok.. but does it affect my reproductive abilities in the long run..
Doctor :   not at al
User :   ok
Doctor :   but maintaining good hygiene will prevent recurrences
User :   ok what all ensures good hygiene.. other than regular showers n change of underwear..
Doctor :   single partner relation , washing hands before foreplay , using more than 2 pads a day during periods
User :   ok
Doctor :   is there anything i can help you with ?
User :   no thanks
Doctor :   you are welcome
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me , kindly provide your feedback
User :   sure.. thnks again
Doctor :   Bye for now
Doctor :   Take care
User :   bye..
Doctor :   do not worry , it very common infection
User :   :)
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor