Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Bleeding of penis and erectile dysfunction - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor :   hello
Doctor :   i am Dr
Doctor :   how can i help you ?
User :   i recently experienced ed for the first time in my life. i've been going through alcohol addiction with my wife. we are now separated. it started when i was with her. as an example i had to get her when the paramedics foudn her lying on the sidewalk a few blocks from our home. she stopped bathing i could go on adn on. i also started taking ranitidine.
Doctor :   ok
User :   i am dating a very attractive woman and am experinecing this problem.
Doctor :   may i know your age please ?
User :   64
User :   my wife and i had sex about 5 -15 times a week never a problem until about six months ago.
Doctor :   and you said you are also going thru alcohol addiction ?
Doctor :   or was it just your wifr?
Doctor :   wife**
User :   i havent been with nyone for about 6 months until now.
User :   just my wife
User :   just my wife. we found her at home and she had pooped all over the floor i don't know if this could cause the problem
User :   she became completely didgusting
Doctor :   do you smoke ?
Doctor :   do you get morning erections ?
User :   no. nothing else has changed.
User :   not very firm
Doctor :   but they are there ?
User :   also when she was on top she bent my penis and it started bleeding but there is no swelling or briuse marks that was about six montsh ago
User :   yes but not firm enough to have intercourse
Doctor :   well ok i first have can assure you that ED at any age is curable
Doctor :   how is your health otherwise ?
Doctor :   any other medical condition >?
User :   my concern is it went from no problem ever to nothing ever
User :   good i take medication to remove salt for mild high blood pressure. doctor said it was only marginally high
Doctor :   psychological stress is the biggest factor in ED
User :   stress is high dealing with her we have a 4 yr old together and ive been taking care of her by myself
Doctor :   well that sure is the underlying cause in your problem , you have 2 options what i can suggest
User :   would the vessel rupture contribute to this
Doctor :   which vessel ?.
User :   she bent my penis when she was on top adn it bled considerably
Doctor :   where was it bleeding ? the tip of the penis ?
Doctor :   does it hurt ?
User :   there is no pain. that was about six months ago
User :   blood was coming from inside my penis. it was quite a mess she thought initially she was hemoraging
Doctor :   well in that case you need to get a test done
User :   what kind of test
Doctor :   its called DOPLER ULTRASOUND of penis
User :   embarrasing
Doctor :   that will tell us if the penis is filling blood peoperly
User :   where do i have that done
Doctor :   trust me there is nothing to be embarrassed about in medicine
Doctor :   you can get it done at any diagnostic center
Doctor :   after that incident were you able to get a erection ?
Doctor :   or that was the last time
User :   yes
User :   no i was able to get an erection after a week or two prior to that it started bleeding if i tried
Doctor :   ok still we need to get this test done to make sure the filling of the penis is going well
User :   do i see a urinologist
Doctor :   once that is done the next step will be to help you beat the stress
Doctor :   and then you can see a urologist
User :   get the test before i see the urologist do i need a prescription
Doctor :   and you will be prescribed medication, which have a success rate of about nearly 100%
Doctor :   yes you do need a prescription
User :   so i see a urologist first
Doctor :   yes you need to see a urologist thats all
User :   any other advice. thank you
Doctor :   even a Psychiatrist is capable of giving your medication and also can help you with the stress
User :   but i should have the test done first
Doctor :   but since you have mentioned about the bleeding , i will suggest a visit to the urologist first
Doctor :   yes you should get the test done
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor