Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Bleeding around the penis area - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Men's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   hi, i just had sex and when i was in the shower i started to bleed... when i checked it wasnt coming from the head of my penis but around it
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   yes i just recently had sex like 30 mins ago, an when i was in the showering i was cleaning my penis and i seen that i was bleeding...not from the head but around the penis like i been cut
Doctor :   may I know your age?
User :   19
Doctor :   Is this the first sexual intercourse?
User :   no
Doctor :   If you can see the cut, how big is the cut and is the bleed very profuse?
User :   the cut isnt that big, an no its not profuse
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   If the bleeding is not from the head of the penis, you must have probably sustained this trauma during the sexual act,
Doctor :   They do not need any medical attention.
Doctor :   Just apply sufficient pressure over the injured area.
Doctor :   The bleeding should stop.
Doctor :   The injury should heal up in a few days.
User :   okay.. the bleeding did stop.. i did applied pressure...
Doctor :   The injury will heal on itself in a couple of days.
User :   okay.. so everything should be fine
Doctor :   May I know who your partner was?
User :   a female..
User :   were both college students
User :   but were home for the summer.
User :   i go back august 12th for football
Doctor :   You do not need any more evaluations if you know about the hiv status of your partner.
Doctor :   However if the status is unknown, I would suggest you to get the HIV tests done as a precautionary measure.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
User :   yes n i just had in june
User :   where can i go for one
User :   i have clinics in XXX, i live in XXX
User :   i had a physical for football
User :   in june
Doctor :   You can get this test at any HIV clinics or any other clinic nearby your location.
Doctor :   That would not be of a problem.\
Doctor :   You will be able to perform all your daily activities.
User :   how long will it take to get my results
Doctor :   It depends on the type of test you are planning to get.
Doctor :   Rapid HIV antibody test will give you result in few hours.
Doctor :   ELISA may take a few days.
User :   an rapid hiv test
Doctor :   DNA PCR test will be available in a days time.
Doctor :   Do you have any other query that I can assist you with?
User :   that was my biggest one.. the bleeding stop and i should be fine... i can do my daily activities like workout n run
Doctor :   Yes, you can do all your routine works.
Doctor :   It should be alright in a day or two.
User :   thank u !!!!
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service.
Question is related to
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor