Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Black spots on face and under eyes. Given Qmel. Do I need a laser treatment? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 28-May-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2584 Questions
User:hi doctor,
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:I have some blackspots on face,espectially near eyes
User:I checked out this with a deratologist
User:he recommeded co2 laser treatment
User:is it advised to hve those treastment for black spot removal near eyes
User:Thats my doubt now, what would be your advise on this
Doctor:Have you tried any other treatments?
User:I have been to other dermatologist 2 months before, he gave me a cream called Qmel to apply
User:But Iam not seeing any changs with that treatment
Doctor:Let me brief you.
Doctor:Medical creams, chemical peels and laser treatment are all available to treat black spots.
Doctor:The most effective treatment have been found with laser treatment
Doctor:You may need a few settings depending on the amount and area affected.
Doctor:Many brands of creams are available to treat black spots
User:ok, but is it safe to take it , since the blackspots are near eyes
Doctor:Hydroquinone is one such product that are widely used by dermatologist.
User:even if laser tratment is done, will the black spots tend to show up in future
Doctor:Yes, it is also performed for lesions under the eyes
User:is there any side effects in havin this laser treatment doctor ?
Doctor:however it is not completely foul proof
Doctor:there can be some side effects like skin rashes, skin burns, redness or even some case worsening of scars following the procedure
Doctor:You would need to choose an experienced and competent doctor for this procedure
Doctor:a doctor who has performed multiple such procedures with less side effects.
Doctor:You need to discuss about all these with your cosmetic doctor before going through the procedure.
Doctor:Is there any other query?
User:could you also recommend any doctors from healthmagic
Doctor:We can help you get an doctor, however I would suggest you to get a doctor referral from your dermatologist or cosmetic surgeon
User:ok sure
Doctor:since they will know about the professional details, their expertise persoanally
Doctor:As we are dealing with a cosmetic procedure, a personal reference will serve you better.
Doctor:Hope this is clear.
Doctor:Do you have any other query?
User:no, thanks doctor
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor