Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Biliary sludge - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions

Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :  
How can I help you?
User :   Hi I need to know how dangerous is Sludge formantion in BIle duct
User :   My father just got his reports and they told him he has some sludge in the duct I am worried about him
Doctor :   It is worrisome problem

Doctor :  
Yes I can help you in giving more information about it
User :   is it curable?
Doctor :  
and also help you in taking informed decision which will help your father
User :   what should I do?
Doctor :   Do you mean for your father?

User :   yes what should I tell him to do
Doctor :   Yes , let me analyse how is he now?

Doctor :  
What are his current symptoms
User :   jaundice
Doctor :   Does he have pain?

User :   no not pain but he has been complaining lack of apetite
User :   he has lost some wt also
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
What is his age?
User :   he is 64
Doctor :   Most disorders of the gallbladder and bile ducts result from gallstones

Doctor :   Sometimes microscopic particles of cholesterol, calcium compounds, bilirubin, and other materials accumulate but do not form stones
Doctor :   This is called biliary sludge.

Doctor :   Since the sludge is blocked the duct
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor