Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Bilateral varicocoele and infertility - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Infertility Problem
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
User :   Hi doctor
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Please proceed with your query
User :   Recently I had general helth check-up
Doctor :   Ok
User :   they found bilateral varicocele
User :   is this a problem
Doctor :   whats the size of the swelling
User :   the discription of the problem is as follows
Doctor :   Ok
User :   few dilated veins noted with largest measuring 2.3mm on left side at valsalva and few dilated veins noted with largest measuring 2 mm on right side at valsalva
User :   please let me know if this is a problem
Doctor :   Whats your age
User :   30
Doctor :   About your martial status
User :   married
Doctor :   Did the doctor found any cause for the varicocoele
User :   I didn't ask
User :   I thought this is ok. but I read somewhere that this can cause infertility
User :   Is this size ok?
Doctor :   Ok. Its a milder varicocoele
User :   I don't have any pain. please let me know if this needs to be treated
Doctor :   Larger sizes do cause infertility but in milder cases its rare.
User :   fine
Doctor :   Keep observing it. If it grows it may need treament.
User :   can I observe with naked eye
Doctor :   Yes and the symptoms and regular Scanning once in 6 months will do the needful
User :   Do I need to go for semen analysis to confirm if this is not a problem?
Doctor :   No need for the analysis
User :   ok
User :   Do I need to consult urlogist for this?
Doctor :   If any symptoms persists you may need to
User :   what symptoms
Doctor :   Pain in the testicles, difficulty in urination
User :   no such symptoms
Doctor :   Then no need to worry about it.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Did you follow?
User :   i didn't get
User :   what
Doctor :   Did you follow the advise
User :   I didn't get any advise
Doctor :   The advise is not to worry and keep observing the varicocoele and to get examined by a urologist if any pain or difficulty in urination occurs.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Did you follow what I said? Please get back to me in case of doubt
User :   I got married 1 year back? my wife not conceive till now, I thought this could be the cause for that
User :   ok doctor
Doctor :   Is there any thing else I can help you with?
User :   I got married 1 year back? my wife not conceive till now, I thought varicocele could be the cause for that
Doctor :   It could not be a cause now as its a milder variety. Its better to get examined in an infertility clinic to know the cause.
User :   ok doctor
User :   thanks
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me. Bye for now
User :   bye
User :   bye doctor
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor