Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Bad odour from genitals and upper leg - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Infections
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   hi, I have a strong fishy smell fom crotch area between genitalsand upper leg.
This transfers to my hand when I touch the area. When this persists the area gets tender.
Washing is a very short relief but it returns rapidly.
Is there a topical bacteriacide I could use?
Thanks alot.
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   is there any pigmentation over the affected area ?
Doctor :   I mean color change ?
User :   No there is alittle redness only
Doctor :   ok, does it scale on scratching ?
User :   NO it does not, Its more slimey than scaley
Doctor :   its probably a fungal infection
Doctor :   apply MICANAZOLE oint for the same twice a day after through cleaning atleast for a week
User :   I suspect that but it is very percistant and seems to reoccur from changing to fresh washed underware.
User :   Overthe counter?
Doctor :   yes, it is a OTC
Doctor :   its a variant of Intertrigo
User :   also I woke up this morning wit very little strength in left hand,
Doctor :   ok, How long did this last ?
User :   it still persists but is alittle better
Doctor :   Do you feel numb in the hand ?
User :   no just weakness especially when i try to hold my finger back towars upper arm
Doctor :   do not worry ,that can happen when nerves are compressed while asleep , its temporary
User :   Thanks alot BIG HELP
User :   This is ecelent service.
Doctor :   you are welcome
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me , kindly provide your feedback
User :   Have a great day DR.
Doctor :   Wish you the same
Doctor :   Bye for now
Doctor :   Take care
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor