Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Bacterial Ear infection - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   Hi
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   can i know ur good name
User :   Thanks
User :   Please let me know if you are ENT Specialists
Doctor :   I am a General Practitioner, I believe I can help you within my expertise and If required I shall recommend a specialist.
User :   My father is 73 years, underwent a surgery in the ear 2 years back since the infection had infected the bone
Doctor :   ok
User :   very frequently he develops pain and swelling along with pus formation
Doctor :   ok
User :   the doctor suggested to take a culture
Doctor :   what was the diagnosis made
User :   the culure report suggests that
User :   HLAR
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   please type in small letters
User :   High Level aminoglycoside resisance
Doctor :   the bacteria is resistant to aminoglycosides
Doctor :   like streptomycin, kanamycin etc
Doctor :   r u able to understand
Doctor :   the bacteria which is causing infection i mean
Doctor :   r u there
User :   yes
User :   so it is bacterial infection
Doctor :   yes
User :   what do u think is the treatment for this?
Doctor :   i will suggest the antibiotic
Doctor :   in the culture senstivity report
Doctor :   which one to choose for the bacteria
Doctor :   do u have the culture senstivity report with u
Doctor :   usually ampicillin or ceftriaxone
Doctor :   depends on ur dad general condition
Doctor :   any doubts please ask
Doctor :   YYYY@YYYY
Mobile : 0000
User :   he is not able to tolerate tablets
User :   he is very weak
Doctor :   ok
User :   are there any injections which can be taken on a regular basis
Doctor :   what was the treated suggested
User :   to get rid of the bacteria existes
User :   we are yet to go a doctor
Doctor :   then u need anti bacteria drug
User :   i thought i will take an opinion from y
Doctor :   the treating doctor would be the best person to suggest the drug he needs
User :   ok ic
User :   Is this a major
Doctor :   The medicine that is required for your condition is prescription based. These medicine have many adverse side effects and can be prescribed by a doctor after your physical examination. We cannot prescribe it online for your safety
Doctor :   The prescription medicines are given after the cause is exactly made out. Since we havent physically examined you, it is inappropriate and unethical to prescribe you medicine which is scheduled
Doctor :   do u have any xray report
User :   ok Many thanks for ur advise and suggestion
Doctor :   ur welcome
Doctor :   have a nice day
Doctor :   ok
User :   Just wanted to be sure
Doctor :   please do keep us
Doctor :   informed of the progress
User :   nice day to you too
Doctor :   at YYYY@YYYY
Doctor :   u too
Doctor :   You can use the search a doctor/hospital feature on our homepage to find a ENT surgeon in your area. If you wish, we can fix up your appointment with a doctor in your area.
Doctor :   if u have any problem in finding it
Doctor :   u can tell us
Doctor :   ok
User :   Thanks a ton
User :   bye and take care
Doctor :   bye for now
Doctor :   have a nice day
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor