Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Back ache and eye strain due to working on computer for a long time - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Environmental and Occupational Hazards
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2586 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
Doctor :   Are you with me
User :   i sit in computer for long hrs
Doctor :   Ok
User :   resulting in eyesight down and backach
Doctor :   Ok
User :   how to stop it
Doctor :   Please provide these details of the person-Age: Weight and Height.
User :   48 yrs 80kg
User :   5ft 8in
Doctor :   The best way is to take frequent breaks from sitting before the computer.
User :   i cant
Doctor :   You need to avert your eyes away from the computer at least every hour for 5 minutes.
Doctor :   ?Then look at a distant object say 20m away for a min and then refocus on a nearby object say 30 cm for another min.
User :   can i get my normal eyesight back
Doctor :   Repeat this twice or thrice and this will relieve eye strain.
User :   using comp screen help
Doctor :   If you wear glasses, then chose anti-glare ones that reflect most of the light
Doctor :   Yes, to an extent that will help too.
Doctor :   Also once you are back home then put either a wet cloth or potato or cucumber slices on your eyes for 15 minutes

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor