Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Azoospermia, Tips to improve sperm count - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Men Sexual Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   Dear Sir, I am 33 years old, male, and married 6 years back. My wife is having PCOD problem for the last 10 years. She is taking Reomet tablet and her periods are somewhat regular now. I am diagnosed with azoospermia . I had under gone varicocele surgery in January 2010.I also have hypo thyroid and am taking Thyronom 75 mg tablets.
We underwent IVF procedure last week. Although 2 embryos were formed and transferred, the B HCG test was negative after 14 days. Please advise us as how to proceed further.
Doctor :   hello
User :   good evening
Doctor :   i am Dr XXXXXXX here
Doctor :   give me a min
Doctor :   let me read your query
User :   is there any medicines for increasing sperm count
Doctor :   sure let me give you all the details
Doctor :   Improving sperm counts and promoting overall male fertility health is something all men can achieve through simple changes in diet and/or lifestyle
Doctor :   Needless to say, bad health will lead to a compromised sperm count. If you are TTC, you should refrain from illicit drug use, quit smoking, and moderate or quit drinking alcohol.
Doctor :   consider cutting out unhealthy processed foods and switch to a high protein diet rich in vegetables and whole grains but low in fats. Organic foods when possible are also suggested!
Doctor :   Regular exercise is also a big part of a healthy lifestyle and will reduce stress hormones that may damage sperm.
Doctor :   Getting in shape is good idea for fertility in general for both women and men. At the same time, over-exercise can be detrimental, and in particular avoid any exercises that my impact or stress the testicles
Doctor :   Its been suggested that sperm counts are highest during the morning hours. That would mean having procreative sex in morning to afternoon hours.
User :   latest test results:TSH 5.1,FSH 10.75,FREE TESTOSTERONE 6.95,PROLACTIN:20.50
Doctor :   Heat can compromise sperm health. Avoid hot-tubs and even tight underwear! Switch to jockey shorts and ensure a cool climate
Doctor :   i see
Doctor :   ok thats good
Doctor :   pleases follow the advice i will give you
Doctor :   Have sex & masturbate less often - the more times you ejaculate, the less dense your semen will be. Maintain a gap of 3 days between two consecutive ejaculations.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Eat Nutritious Food - Diet that's low in fat, and high in protein, vegetables, and whole grains is good for your health and for your sperm. Avoid bitter, astringent and spicy foods.Reduce caffeine intake
Doctor :   Avoid heating of testicles - Wear loose, cotton boxer shorts, Avoid hot baths and saunas
Doctor :   Lose any excess weight, which tends to cause testosterone/oestrogen imbalances.
Doctor :   Reduce stress levels by learning relaxation techniques - Keep your mind and body healthy by regular practice of YOGA and MEDITATION
User :   ok plese suggest any good andrologist i acn consultnin chennai
Doctor :   hold on please
User :   ok
Doctor :   Timings: Monday to Saturday 11 am to 1 pm
Call 0000 extn 4121 for appointments
User :   can i meet you there
Doctor :   no
Doctor :   i am from XXXXXXXX
Question is related to
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor