Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Artificial enamel for loss of enamel in teeth - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Dental Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   my tooth just lost some enamel and now tooth looks horrible. can this be fixed?>
Doctor :   Hi,
Doctor :   Dr XXXX here
User :   hi
Doctor :   how does the teeth look?
User :   the enamel is off on the bottom near my gums
User :   lower teeth
Doctor :   Yes, artificial enamel is available
Doctor :   you have to a dentist for the same
User :   is there any chance more enamel will come off that tooth?
Doctor :   yes,
User :   I am going to the dentist next friday
User :   is there anything i can do to prevent more from coming off besides flossing and brushing?
Doctor :   once the top layer wears of the under layers are exposed to immense friction
Doctor :   not preferably
User :   what is your professional recommendation?
Doctor :   using of flouridated toothpastes can help to certain extent
User :   ok thank you
Doctor :   is there anything i can help you with ?
User :   i dont think so, I guess I just have to wait to see my dentist on friday
User :   to get it fixed
Doctor :   thats fine
Doctor :   thanks for consulting
Doctor :   bye for now
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor