Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Appropriate treatment for a minor overdose of clenbuterol - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   Doctor,
What is the appropriate treatment for a minor overdose of clenbuterol (athsma medication)?
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Greetings.
Doctor :   May I know your age & gender?
User :   Age 39, male, obese.
Doctor :   Could you give me more precise details of the quantity of overdose?
User :   I was supposed to take 80mcg, but I forgot I already took a dose this morning and now I have 160mcg inside me.
Doctor :   ok, double dose
Doctor :   Unless you have any other co-morbidities(heart diseases or liver diseases), there is little to worry
Doctor :   As the drug will get metabolised
Doctor :   In case you develop symptoms like nausea, vomiting, palpitations etc, then it means that you have taken more than double dose & you need to visit the Emergency
Doctor :   May I know the time gap between the 2 doses?
User :   About 3 hours
Doctor :   Thats a very short time, kindly go to the emergency, you need observation till the drug is metabolised
User :   Ok, so when I get there and I tell them what happened, what drugs will they administer to me?
Doctor :   They may not administer any, observation is recomended
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor