Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Appropriate treatment for Kienbock's Disease - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
Doctor :   r u there
User :   Hello... I have recently been diagnosed with Keinbocks
Doctor :   ok
User :   I am told it is in stage 2-3
Doctor :   ok
User :   My pain is intermitent, not constant. I was advised to wear a splint. However, wearing this actually causes pain even when there is none to start with.
Doctor :   ok
User :   Courses of action suggested: 1. Lunate replacement with alternate material, 2. Partial fusion 3. Complete fusion
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Early treatment of Kienbock's Disease is usually focused on immobilization with a cast.
Doctor :   If Kienbock's Disease is more advanced, or if conservative approaches have failed, operative treatment will be needed
User :   How do I evaluate which is the right course of action for me?
Doctor :   in ur case surgery might be needed
Doctor :   Early operative treatments decrease the pressure on the lunate bone by shortening the forearm bone
User :   what will help determine which option is best/ appropriate?
Doctor :   do u have MRI of the wrist
Doctor :   it depends on the stage of the disease
User :   No, The diagnosis was based on an xray.
Doctor :   to make a clear diagnosis MRI is more useful
Doctor :   do u have the report of the Xray
User :   ok
Doctor :   could u type in the Xray report
User :   no, only the xray
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   with xray or clinical examination it is diffcult to comment
Doctor :   on course of treatment
Doctor :   for advance stages
User :   are there doctors who specialize in hand surgeries & would have a better experience in dealing with Keinbocks in particular?
Doctor :   surgery is the line of treatment
Doctor :   orthopedician's will do the job
Doctor :   he dont have specialist for hands in india as of now
Doctor :   but we do have specialist orthopaedic centres
Doctor :   like hosmat
Doctor :   who specialise in this areas
User :   is it possible to find orthopedics who would have dealt with the condition?
Doctor :   we dont have specialist for hands in india as of now
Doctor :   yes all orthopaedicians can perform this surgery
User :   Thank you for your inputs.
Doctor :   You can use the search a doctor/hospital feature on our homepage to find a orthopaedician in your area if Bangalore. If you wish, we can fix up your appointment with a doctor in your area.
Doctor :   ur welcome
Doctor :   Have you filled up the feedback form I sent?
User :   We hope we are able to take the appropriate course of action. Thank you also for your suggestions regarding Hosmat etc
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   If you wish, we can fix up your appointment with a doctor in your area.
Doctor :   anything else would u like to help u with
User :   I havent recd a "feedback form" per say, just a 1question popup, which I have responded to. Thank you. Which places would you suggest for a second opinion?
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   thats the feedback form
Doctor :   would be better option
User :   ok...Thanks
Doctor :   that is the best centre in bangalore
Doctor :   ur welcome
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting Health care magic. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service
User :   bye and sure
Doctor :   bye for now
Doctor :   have a nice day
User :   Thankyou
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor