Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Anxiety, have shivering since childhood, have nervousness. What can help me? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 08-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Anxiety and Stress
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2582 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:Hi Doctor
User:My hands used to shiver when I am getting tensed
User:But I ignored it thinking its because of my anxeity. This was there from my chilhood itself. But recently I have joined a gym and when I am taking weights also its very evident. Similarly when I pick up small/light objects like needle or cutlery my hands used to shiver and it becomes severe when I am getting tensed.Can you please advise on the same
Doctor:May I know your age and gender?
User:I am 29
Doctor:Have you seen a doctor for this problem?
Doctor:Do you suffer from any medical problems like diabetes, high blood pressure or thyroid problems?
Doctor:Do you smoke or consume alcohol?
User:I have not seen doctor for this
User:But this problem was there from my childhood itself .. once I asked our family doctor. He just ignored telling its because of anxeity
Doctor:Has any one else in your family - parents, brothers, cousins or close relatives suffer with similar problems?
User:Because I am a bit nervous guy
Doctor:Let me brief you.
Doctor:Tremors or involuntary shaking of hands is definitely associated with anxiety. However if the symptoms are present every day with minimal stress
Doctor:we will need to rule out other possibilities.
Doctor:A few conditions that are known to cause such problems are:
Doctor:1. Essential tremors
Doctor:2. Hyperthyroidism
Doctor:3. Parkinsonism
Doctor:The fact you are able to type without much difficulties rules out the last possibility.
Doctor:You will need to consult a doctor preferably a neurologist to rule out the first 2 possibilities.
User:ok...sure so I have to consult neurologist rt?
Doctor:He/she will also prescribe you betablocker group of drug such as propranolol which will relieve your symptoms.
Doctor:A neurologist will be the ideal person to consult for this problem.
Doctor:Have you followed what I suggested?
Doctor:Do you have any query?
User:ok.. doctor I got it. Thanks a lot I will consult a neurologist.
Doctor:You are welcome.
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor