Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Anxiety about the HIV status - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: HIV and AIDS
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hello
Doctor :   I am Dr.ccccc
User :   Hello Dr. I'm cccc.27 year old. Living in Bangalore.
User :   I'm fearing a latest HIV infection. Can you help me.
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   Please go ahead
Doctor :   What made you fear about it
User :   I've been receiving oral sex from people with unknown HIV status. Last possible exposure was about a month ago.
Doctor :   Ok
User :   I want to get tested, bt not sure when can I get tested & where. Some fears are there.
Doctor :   Who are the people\?
Doctor :   Are they the commercial sex workers
User :   No. they are gay men.
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   This is a risky behaviour
Doctor :   though you need not fear too much
User :   I got a WBC test yesterday and found lymphocyte count high (66)
Doctor :   There is no bountiful evidence that oral sex can cause HIV
Doctor :   That is normal
User :   I want to be sure about my HIV status. What do u suggest.
Doctor :   You can get the ELISA for HIV done
Doctor :   at any reputed laboratory like SRL Ranbaxy, Dr Lal Pathlabs
User :   ok. Do you think I also need a Viral Load test as well, since its been just a month since last time I indulged in such an activity.
Doctor :   No
Doctor :   You do not need it
Doctor :   You need ELISA for HIV antibody test to screen
Doctor :   I think you better be in relationship with one partner who is known to you
Doctor :   and that partner should be loyal to you too
Doctor :   HIV is a risk if there is promiscuity
Doctor :   or multiple partners
User :   I understand, and now have to go through these fears because of this behaviour.
User :   I'll get tested at Dr Path labs.
User :   Will the report clearly tell me about the status, or I need to consult a doctor?
Doctor :   No
Doctor :   It is clear
Doctor :   Non reactive means there is no antibody detected
Doctor :   Did you follow?
User :   Yes...understood.
Doctor :   Do you have any more questions?
User :   No. Thank you so much for your help doctor.
User :   I appreciate.
Doctor :   Pleasure here
Doctor :   Bye for now
User :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor