Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Antibiotics for MRSA - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Infections
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2584 Questions

Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :  
how can i help you?
User :   Hello, I am interested in antibiotics prescribed for MRSA
Doctor :  
Your age?
User :   51
Doctor :   Okay
Doctor :  
May I know for what thay have prescirbed it?
User :   I had a family who came from the hospital and I just found out today he has MRSA. I am bleaching and Lysoling everything that was community stuff. I did not feel good the other day and went to my doctor for a sinus infection
User :   They gave me Bactrim
Doctor :  
As methicillin resistant staphylococus aureus infection can be caused in many different
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
with varied wounds
Doctor :  
Mrsa antibiotic is not Bactrim
Doctor :  
It is for other bacterial infection
Doctor :  
MRSA is highly sensitive and
Doctor :  
costs very much for each tablets or injecton
Doctor :  
and also it is given frequently without missing the dosse
Doctor :  
MRSA positive patients
Doctor :  
are INfectious but if treated well
Doctor :  
the spread is minimised
Doctor :  
and cured

Doctor :  
as you said the precaution
Doctor :  
are sufficient
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor