Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Anti depressants to treat social phobia in children - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Child Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   Hey
Doctor :   hey
User :   can i ask u a question
Doctor :   yes sure
User :   um does zoloft works on kids
Doctor :   why you have to give it to the kids
User :   because my kids are suffereing shyness and fearness
Doctor :   this tablet should not be give unless the psychiatrist prescribes
User :   but the only thing is i dont have a psychiatrist they cost alot
Doctor :   no any anti depressants cannot be given to children
User :   not even MAOIs Or SSRIs
Doctor :   no, no
User :   wow what can make my kids over come shyness
Doctor :   no psychiatry medicines should be taken with out doctors consent
Doctor :   what are there age
User :   12 and 11 years old
Doctor :   certain children will be shy type
Doctor :   involve in some music classess or sports
Doctor :   allow them to play with many children, so that they leave their shyness and mingle with others
Doctor :   I have to close this window since there is no response from your side, please get back to us if you need further medical advice. We are available round the clock.
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor