Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Anteriolisthesis and recommended surgery for the same - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Brain and Spine
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   i m from i m suffering with anteriolisthesis(grade 1) L4 over L5 i m adviced to go in for surgery as fast as possible wat should i do
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   May i know you age?
User :   can any neurosurgeon cunsult me
User :   47
Doctor :   How long you have this?
Doctor :   Do you have any pain in the lower bcak?
User :   2yrs
Doctor :   Did you have any fracture detected?
Doctor :   Which place are you from?
Doctor :   Treatment options include interbody fusion and surgical instrumentation techniques.
User :   my mri findings showsgrade 1 anteriolisthesis(degenerative) of L4 over L5 with diffuse anular buldge of L4 L5 disc with upward migration and compression of L5 exiting nerve roots>Lt. tendency to block vertebra L3 and L4
Doctor :   I can help you to get an expert opinion from our specialsits
Doctor :   ok
User :   yeah sure
Doctor :   Where are you from?
User :   i want a neurosurgeon
Doctor :   You can get opinion via phone or email
User :   how
User :   should i give my e mail id or phone no??
Doctor :   No use the icon that says, ask the specialist
Doctor :   and register by making the required payment
Doctor :   The treatments are: physical therapy, or chiropractic and wearing support(corset) for grade 1 and 2
User :   should i go in 4 an operation
Doctor :   In anterolisthesis, the upper vertebral body is positioned abnormally compared to the vertebral body below it. More specifically, the upper vertebral body slips forward on the one below.
Doctor :   That depends on your stage ,symptoms and progress to non surgical treatment
Doctor :   Are you overweight?
Doctor :   Did you have an history of trauma or fall?
User :   no
Doctor :   ok
User :   might b
Doctor :   The amount of slippage is graded on a scale from 1 to 4. Grade 1 is mild (20% slippage), while grade 4 is severe (100% slippage).
Doctor :   Symptoms can vary depending on whether the slippage is enough to pinch the nerve roots .
Doctor :   Symptoms can involve movement or problems feeling sensations (such as heat, cold, pain, position in space, etc.), loss of control of bowels or bladder, pain and poor posture.
Doctor :   The slippage often occurs as a result of bone fractures.
Doctor :   But you are having an degenerative one
User :   so wat do u consult me to do?
Doctor :   The treatment is to be given by neurosurgeons and ortho surgeons
Doctor :   From where are you taking treatment?
Doctor :   Are you from?
User :   yes
Doctor :   ok
User :   which doc is the best for me
User :   in blore
User :   yes
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   wait A MINUTE
User :   i want a neurosurgeon not an ortho. one plz consult me a neurologist
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   ok
User :   i want to consult dr cn i get his phone no?
Doctor :   which clinic?
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   'Wait
Doctor :   He is available at
Doctor :   Contact and fix appointment
User :   cn i get hz phone no?
User :   giv hz email id??
Doctor :   His personal number is not available
Doctor :   butb using the above no u can fix appointment
Doctor :   His mobile number is also there
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Other doctor chats you may be interested in
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor