Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Angiography and double vessel disease - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Valvular Heart Disease
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
User :   My mom has gone through Angiography recently whose finds are "double vessel disease". Does she need stents?
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   I am Dr.
User :   hello doctor!
Doctor :   Yes she needs stent placement or by pass surgery
Doctor :   options are ur
Doctor :   *urs
User :   is it an immediate requirement?
Doctor :   But many people prefer stent placement
Doctor :   It is not urgent but important
User :   let me give you her coronary angiography profile...
Doctor :   Just impression
Doctor :   last words
User :   Left Main: normal; left ant desc: normal; diagonal 1: normal; diagonal2: ostial 90% stenosis length is dscrete contour is smooth, type is concentric ; small vessel
User :   diagonal 3: normal
User :   left circumflex: Paque
User :   obtuse marginal: proximal 90% stenosis. length is dscrete contour is smooth, type is concentric ; distal vessel has TIMI 3 flow
User :   obt marginal 2 and 3 are normal
User :   RCA is mid 99% stenosis
User :   post des, posterior and RV are normal
Doctor :   RCA is mid 99% stenosis: obtuse marginal: proximal 90% stenosis
User :   so..what do you make out?
Doctor :   Major arteries are fine
Doctor :   Major arteries are: Doctor :   ; left ant desc: normal;
User :   ok
Doctor :   left circumflex: Paque but it did not say how it is blocked
Doctor :   more than 50% needs stent
User :   1 moment pliz
Doctor :   probably not blocked that much
User :   there is another line: Doctor :   Another major artery is RCA
Doctor :   go ahead....
User :   it says "complication: NIL"
Doctor :   verygood
User :   so..what should I do?
Doctor :   some doctors prefer to place stent in obtuse marginal: proximal 90% steno sis. some not
Doctor :   I prefer stent there
Doctor :   she has only one major artery disease
Doctor :   one minor artery
User :   suggested is PTCA to Obtuse marginal and PTCA to RCA
Doctor :   Yea
User :   u mean PTCA to RCA?
Doctor :   RCA is also no that dangerous
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   but go for stent
Doctor :   PTCA involves stent or ballooning
Doctor :   I prefer stent
User :   Doctor..the problem is I dont have that much cash with me to do both the stents
User :   she doesnt have any mediclaim...
Doctor :   ok
User :   what would be the best advise?
Doctor :   then go for PTCA
Doctor :   and have the angioplasty after 2-3 years
User :   PTCA to obtuse marginal?
Doctor :   x some leave it without doing nothing
Doctor :   some place stent
User :   how much that would cost?
Doctor :   some do balloning
User :   ok ok
Doctor :   roughly $3000
User :   Any much that should cost in XXX?
User :   by the way..she is reponding well to ecospirin and ceruvin
User :   no chest pain...hand pain ..nothing
Doctor :   it cost around 1.5 lacs
Doctor :   u can manage medically also
Doctor :   it is all upto u
User :   here..a doctor told me that it would cost 2.5 lacs
Doctor :   better t worse
Doctor :   yea min 1. 5 max 5lacs
Doctor :   depends on institution
Doctor :   but 2. 5 is good deal
User :   You said "Doctor: u can manage medically also"...does it mean that..if she continue to take medicine properly and maintain a proper diet there wont be a problem..
User :   Are you there?
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   you need good medicines
User :   ok ok
Doctor :   With medicines you can wait for 2 years and repeat the angigraphy
User :   she is taking ecospirin, ceruvin, nikoran and storvas
Doctor :   As I said I am giving u the option
Doctor :   u can buy some time
User :   besides sorbitrate
Doctor :   those godd meds
User :   that ok
User :   I need to buy time..
User :   Where ru located?
User :   Can I get her checked by you?
Doctor :   no
Doctor :   I am online MD
Doctor :   I work from
User :   ok
User :   I was thinking about taking her to
User :   but they dont do it for people above 55...and she is 68
Doctor :   Ok
User :   Other than these private hospitals..can you suggest any good cahritable or govt or trustee operated hosiptal?
Doctor :   I do not have any idea
User :   any good cahritable * charitable
Doctor :   search Ask XXXXXXXX .com
User :   ok
Doctor :   DId I answer ur Q
User :   Dr...thanks a lot
User :   You have answered my Qs
User :   may god bless you for your good suggestions
Doctor :   Thank you
User :   you have given me positive energy
Doctor :   Good bless u too
User :   thanks again
User :   bye bye
Doctor :   happy new year
Doctor :   Bye
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor