Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Allergy problem. Diagnosed with Chronic Urticarea. Painful hives on skin. - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 07-Oct-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Asthma and Allergy
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:I'm having allergy problem generally red/white hives occurs on my skin which is painful
User:I was diagnosed with Chronic Urticarea
User:Am I talking to an allergist
Doctor:I am a general physician. I can discuss this issue within my expertise.
Doctor:Are you there?
User:Okay, I've been to numerous doctors and they suggested me to take attarx , it's been quite a long time about 4 years but I don't see ny progress what do I do
Doctor:As you would have found; chronic urticaria is a condition which cannot be completely cured.
Doctor:Though alternative medicine like ayurveda and homeopathy believe they have cure for this condition as far as modern medicine is concerned it cannot be cured.
User:Ya I've read quite a bit on internet about
Doctor:If attarx isn't helping you much, you might need a course of steroid.
Doctor:Besides the medication topical emollient creams and lotions can treat rashes / hives.
User:And do I need to visit doc for this
Doctor:If you have not found attarx and other antihistamines helpful, you can consult a dermatologist.
Doctor:You need not look for allergist since your symptoms are localised to skin.
Doctor:Dermatologist will be able to provide useful answers to this condition.
Doctor:Have you followed?
Doctor:Are you there?
Doctor:Are you there?
User:I've been to dermatologist and done the allergy test but couldn't find the allergen causing issue he suggested to take attarx only
Doctor:I understand your concern; part of the solution is trying to figure out specific allergen
Doctor:while the other part is treating the problem.
User:I currently started elimination diet which is only rice and dal want to know if this is going to help? Should I consult dietitian or nutritionist
Doctor:Skin patch test uses the common house hold allergens which causes this problems;
Doctor:you might be sensitive to those that are not tested.
Doctor:As far as diet elimination is concerned, there is no point in elimination rice and dal if that is not causing your symptoms.
User:Hmm what do I do :(
Doctor:As I said, earlier
Doctor:figuring the allergen is part of the treatment.
Doctor:if no specific allergen is found, doctors recommend using preventive medications.
User:Okay, and what apart from attarx should I try?
Doctor:Besides attarx, steroid and mast cell stabilizer have been used in treating the problem.
Doctor:As the dose of these medication need to be adjusted depending on the severity of condition and your response,
Doctor:it is preferable to discuss with a competent dermatologist and plan the right treatment.
Doctor:you may need to be followed up for fixing the right treatment.
Doctor:Have you followed?
User:Okay got it thanks for ur time
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor