Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Alcohol and liver injury - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the trial chat with our doctor. This chat is only to provide you an idea how an actual chat would be like. Please note that the time of this chat is insufficient for the doctors to provide you a detailed answer to your questions. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page and you can select a package of your choice.
User :   56 yr old male has developed a very distended stomach in just a couple of monhts or so, poor appitite, bouts of diarrea, hicups at every meal, often upchucks, but especially when he drinks water
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
Doctor :   Do you have abdominal pain?
Doctor :   Do you smoke or consume alcohol?
User :   some in the left goin
User :   yes
User :   sorry, right groin
Doctor :   Do you mean you smoke or consume alcohol?
User :   yes,I dowhwat should I be checked for or what is the
User :   wehat might be the most likely possibilities
Doctor :   Alcohol can cause liver injury, which can be responsible for such symptoms.
Doctor :   You will need physical evaluation and liver function tests.
User :   itwould causse distntion
Doctor :   Hence I suggest you to consult a gastroenterologist, who will be able to perform the above.
User :   ok thanks
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor