Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Advice on heart palpitations - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can i help you..
User :   can you advise on heart palpatations
Doctor :   Ok.. can you tell me more on that..
Doctor :   Like since when are you having it and what are the times that you have it
User :   ive been getting them almost a week, its everyday and happening alot,
Doctor :   Which time of they day do you get it the most..
Doctor :   Has it been a self diagnosis or that of the Physician..
User :   its happening mostly when im sitting down relaxing, dont really feel it when im out and about and busy, its really starting to worry me now, cant see my gp until monday
Doctor :   What is your heart rate now..
Doctor :   Are they regular when you feel the pulse or they are irregular.
User :   im not sure, i feel it coming from my heart, all of a sudden im aware of it beating then i get a strong beat and it stops, its like it beats then skips and beats harder
Doctor :   then with your words i could suspect it to be irregularly irregular..
Doctor :   It will require an Internal medicine doctor to examine you at the earliest and go for a few tests
User :   is that serious? im only 27 and wouldnt expect heart problems at my age.
Doctor :   Like 2D-ECHO and the TMT..
Doctor :   There are a few coditions that could lead onto this..
Doctor :   Like .Atrial Fibrillation and Flutter, Premature atrial contractions (PAC), Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT)
Doctor :   To rule out any of these you will need a thorough examination by the Internal Medicine doctor ..
User :   its just it appeared without any warning, i had no symptoms prior to this, would you say its a serious problem or can it be treated?
Doctor :   It could be a problem with the SA node or the Valves..
Doctor :   It is some thing which requires urgent medical attention but it is very much treatable..
User :   would you say a hospital visit or see a doctor?
Doctor :   Hospital since it will require monitoring and tests..
User :   ok thanks for your help.
Doctor :   Fill this form and tell me when done..
Doctor :   Are you there ?
Doctor :   I have to close this window since there is no response from your side, please get back to us if you need further medical advice. We are available from 9AM to 9PM IST everyday.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor