Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Advice on ear discharge - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   I have a brownish red discharge from my right ear along with som slight bleeding from my right nostril
Doctor :   Hello
Doctor :   I am Dr xxx here
User :   hi
Doctor :   may i know your age and gender please ?
User :   41 male
Doctor :   Since how long have you been having the discharge ?
User :   about 1 1/2 weeks
Doctor :   Well let me first tell you that nn infection of the middle or outer ear can be the most common cause of ear discharge.
User :   ok
Doctor :   So the first line of treatment for you would be to take antibiotics
Doctor :   Did you seek any medical treatment ?
Doctor :   can you tell me what color is the discharge ?
User :   no I have had ear problems all my life and tubes when I was about 7 or 8 and I have had nose bleeds as well as sinus problems to
Doctor :   Have you noticed any loss of hearing ?
User :   brownish red mor brown
User :   just muffled loss
Doctor :   Ok now i would suggest you certain things that you should do
User :   ok
Doctor :   first never touch it with anything
Doctor :   as you can infect it further
Doctor :   Put some spirit in the ears. It will stop the discharge.
Doctor :   Warm up some onion juice and out it in the ears drop by drop. Put around 4 drops in each of the ear each time.
Doctor :   But most important of all you need to see a ENT
Doctor :   and you need antibiotics
Doctor :   that will take care of your problem
User :   thank you for your time
Doctor :   your welcome
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor