Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Advice for sexual infection in women - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Women Sexual Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
User :   i am a 25 year old female i was diagnosed with cin 3 and had a loop diathermy, recently i have noticed 3 dark brown freckles aroung my genital area and also pelvic? pain during intercorse, i had my last smear 4 months ago and was fine, but i do feel there is something wrong, i am urinating more frequently through the night, have abdominal bloating that has been there for years, and the freckles and pain is a concern
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
Doctor :   Since when have you noticed these symptoms?
User :   the freckles appered over a month and the pain over a few months
Doctor :   Do you notice any discharge?
User :   no
Doctor :   Do you have any burning sensation while passing urine?
User :   no
Doctor :   Can you describe the nature of the pain?
Doctor :   Are they related to your menstrual cycle?
User :   its like a dull ache during sex from what i can discribe as my pelvic area, it happens everytime
User :   i have depo injections so no periods
Doctor :   Do you have any other medical problems such as diabetes/hypertension or thyroid issues?
User :   none that im aware of
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Let me brief you.
Doctor :   Since I am unable to perform a physical examination, I cannot pinpoint the exact cause for your symptoms,
Doctor :   However, I shall provide you with the information.
Doctor :   Based on the description of your symptoms, the following may be the cause for your symptoms.
Doctor :   1. An infective cause - this can only be determined by physical examination and other test which may include an urine examination.
Doctor :   2. The freakles can be due to local ezematous reactions.
User :   what is that?
Doctor :   Since the pap smear are negative, its unlikely to be a cancerous changes.
User :   thats good
Doctor :   However, I would suggest you to consult a gynaecologist, for a physical examination and urine test(if necessary) to confirm the presence of infection.
Doctor :   You would need further evaluation depending on the examination findings - test and scans to determine the cause for frequent urination and pelvic pain.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
User :   yes thank you very much put my mind at ease
User :   time running out, thanks for help
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   no
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor :   Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor