Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Advice for pregnancy test with delayed period - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Pregnancy
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2572 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   hi
User :   i need to speak to some gynaecologist
Doctor :   I am a General Practitioner, I believe I can help you within my expertise and If required I shall recommend a specialist.
User :   ok, i havnent had my periods foe the last 10 u advise me to go for pregnancy checks ?
Doctor :   Yes.
Doctor :   It is better to get a Urine Pregnancy test done
Doctor :   with a Velocit kit at home
Doctor :   Use an early morning urine sample
User :   shld i do the test at home or consult a gynae ?
Doctor :   You can get the test home and if the test is inconclusive then you can consider consulting a Gynec
User :   if its positive then also i shld consult a gynae ?
Doctor :   Yes, you can for instructions and a general check up.
User :   can i wait for 4-5 more days.........i really dont want to get disspointed with a negative test this time arnd
Doctor :   Usually after a 10 day delay, the test should be positive provided you are producing enough hormones.
Doctor :   You can wait also if you wish.

Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor