Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Addicted to drinking and smoking. Recommendation? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 22-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Drug Abuse
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:Hi Dr. XXXXXXX ..
User:I need a Favour from health Magic
Doctor:We would be pleased to help you within our expertise.
User:My Father have Alchohol Habit (Drinking / Smoking) for the past 30+ Yrs
User:Now he is willing to Leave the Habit ..Hence I need a Doctor who knows Tamil to speak to him and provide a solution for the same
Doctor:Alcohol deaddiction is a slow and gradual process. It is good that your father is willing to quit the process. However we commonly find people difficult to handle withdrawal.
Doctor:Therefore it would be better if an expert handles him professionally, where your father can visit and talk to him regularly.
Doctor:If needed the doctor can prescribe medications to handle withdrawal safely.
User:So do you have any recommendation for me?
Doctor:Since we have these restriction, it would be ideal to consult a doctor live instead of chat or phone consult.
User:can you refer us to some addiction specialist
Doctor:One of the psychiatrist can be able to guide you towards treatment while your father plans to see a doctor. To avail the service of psychiatrist, I suggest you to use Ask a Specialist option.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor