Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Abnormal thyroid profile with high triglyceride count - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions

Doctor :   hi
Doctor :  
how can i help you?
User :   i m of 26/f/bangalore m y tsh has come to 8.48 and t3 is 1.17 and t4 is 10.20 is it ok or serious
Doctor :  
please proceed with your query
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
Your TSH levels are increased
User :   i don't have any kind of symptoms
User :   is it serous
Doctor :  
you need to consult a doctor with the report and take treatment for it
Doctor :  
yes it needs to be brought to normal levels to avoid any further complications
User :   i showed to doctor and he said me to take medicine for lifelong
User :   do i need to test for ft3 and ft4
User :   will hat make any difference
Doctor :  
yes it would be better to get these done too
Doctor :  
as it will give you the whole picture
Doctor :  
but even TSh, T3 andT4 are enough at this moment. as it is showing the results. and you need to be on treatment
User :   my husbands cholestoral has gone to 217 AND TRIGLYCERIDES TO 199 IS IT SERIOUS

Doctor :  
Cholesterol is borderline side and triglycerides is elevated
Doctor :   are you there?
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor