Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Abdominal pain, gall stones - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Abdominal Pain
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   I have recently been told I either have gallstones or they are going to have to take my gallbladder out. I have not seen the surgeon yet but I am having pain in my abdomen. What should I do?
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
Doctor :   Can you describe the nature of the pain?
User :   need to know what I should do I have gallbladder problems and I am having abdominal pain what should I do
Doctor :   And where exactly do you have this pain?
User :   I have read that if I am having abdominal pain I should see my doctor imediately
User :   should I go to the Emergency room or what should I do?
User :   in the lower part of my abdomen in the pelvic area
Doctor :   If your pain is severe, you may need injectable analgesics.
Doctor :   Hence it is better that you visit the ER.
User :   would I have pain in the upper left part of my chest shooting to my shoulder because of this?
Doctor :   Yes, the present location of the pain is not related to the gall bladder problem.
User :   is this a major problem with my gallbladder or could it be?
Doctor :   But if your pain is severe, it is better that you see a doctor.
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Are you there?
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor