Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Abdominal pain due to gastritic problem - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Digestion and Bowels
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3621 Questions
User :   Hi, I had little pain on left stomach(upper) on a a day 5 months back for few minutes. Kind of bulge for few hours & vanished. Then after that i consulted with general medicine doctor. He has given few tablets. then I usually got burping & consulted with gastroentrology specialist. He has taken blood, motion, urin tests, Abdomen xray & scan. He said there is no big issues & given rabium-20 once a day at morning. I am taking it, still i get burping before food reduces after food. Also, sometimes there is pain on left upper chest near to mid tube or near to the shoulders. So I get afraid if it may be cardiac problem. My cholestrol levels are normal except hdl is 39. I am 31 years, weight, BP, sugar is normal. So gastroentrology specialist told not to worry abt heart. Still i fear. Please suggest me, Thanks                                                             
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Dr here
User :   Hi morning
Doctor :   Let me read what you have typed
User :   Did u get my questions
User :   okay
Doctor :   Are you still having that pain ?
User :   you mean currently?
Doctor :   Yes
User :   at present not
User :   But some days on morning,
User :   before breakfast.
Doctor :   Do you have more of oily. spicy food intake?
Doctor :   Is the pain present more empty somach?
User :   not so spicy food. But daily takes outside food for lunch
Doctor :   Is it relieved after having food?
User :   yes for empty stomach
User :   yes slowly after food
User :   whenever food intake (lunch, breakfast, dinner) takes late
Doctor :   since you got all your tests also done it seems more like gastritis kind of pain.
Doctor :   Also it is related to food intake
User :   Is it necessary to take ecg kind of test?
Doctor :   Is the pain radiating anywhere in shoulder or jaw?
User :   Cholestrol level seems to be good except HDL is 39Mg. He said u need to exercise to increase
Doctor :   Yes exercise, also you need to reduce your outside food intake.
Doctor :   Have more of fruits, salads
User :   Pain is not constant in one place. exactly it happens after 3 hours of food
Doctor :   Drink water
Doctor :   Ok
User :   mostly upper chest near to the mid tube
User :   ok, sometimes pain on ribcage
Doctor :   You can get a ECG done to confirm the diagnosis.
User :   Ok resting?
Doctor :   Yes.
Doctor :   Avoid being empty stomach for too long.
User :   actually i got an ECG on march for an Insurance Comp. They took it for free.
Doctor :   Have small meals every 2 to 3 hours
Doctor :   Ok
User :   I did get a copy. They haven't raised any issue
User :   i am trying for that. But after 2-3 hours if i take little food it is not solving
User :   i had to take rice or some heavy food. then only it reduces
Doctor :   it is because you mainly have outside spicy food.
User :   Lot of burping is there
Doctor :   have more of Bland diet and avoid having tea or cooffee
User :   outside food not spicy
User :   ok i try. is milk good?
Doctor :   It suggests you have a lot of gas formation
Doctor :   Have cold milk.
Doctor :   Have coconut water 4 to5 times
User :   i am having rabium 20
Doctor :   Yes thats fine
Doctor :   You can have it
User :   before food. can it taken after food
User :   if i forget sometimes
Doctor :   No it is to be taken empty stomach
User :   it also produces gas
Doctor :   It relieves gas
User :   ok
User :   Do u recommend any tests
Doctor :   Get only the ECG done
User :   just to rule out cardiac
Doctor :   Then decide further.
Doctor :   Yes
User :   ok thanks is it enough
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor