Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

AIDS and oral sex - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: HIV and AIDS
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions

User :   hello
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :  
how can I help you?
User :   sir i have some doubts about aids
Doctor :   ok
User :  
before 4 months i had allowed a guy to suck my penis
Doctor :   ok
User :  
if he have aids will it spread to me ?
Doctor :   there are less chances but still you should go for HIV testing
Doctor :   plz provide your age
User :   ya i tested too before i week
User :   it was negative
User :   19
Doctor :   which test you have performed?
User :   elisa
Doctor :   ok
User :   but still i have doubt im infected coz im getting fever frequently , n throat infections also
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   you can go for Duo test for HIV which is very accurate
User :   after 3 months also its still long it actually takes to know whether i have or not?
Doctor :   although your antibody test is negative so there are very less chances
Doctor :   exact time frame varies test to test
Doctor :   but 3 months is enough time
Doctor :   to determine
Doctor :   you can repeat the test after 2 months that will also add up to certaintity

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor