Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

A child psychiartist to be consulted - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Mental Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2560 Questions
User :   Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type y
User :   hi
Doctor :   Hi
User :   i have 2 years 3 months old son
User :   he gets scared of everything
User :   recently he lost his grandfather
User :   before that when he was 1 year
User :   he saw some fight in the house
User :   from that time he is not putting on weight
User :   he never seems to be happy
Doctor :   Ok
User :   he never puts on weight
Doctor :   WHat is his current weight?
User :   10.7
Doctor :   10.7 kg?
User :   s
Doctor :   Did you seek a help from pediatrician?
Doctor :   Is he completely examined?
User :   s i did
User :   got multivitamins and all
User :   but no use
User :   one of my frined who has down psychology told me that he is upset with all the incidents
User :   taken place in teh house
User :   so better to show him to a pschyatrist
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   I agree too
User :   last one month i am leaving him in baby sitting
Doctor :   Child Psychiatrist
User :   thinking that he will enjoy with children
User :   but after my dad's death he has become more unhappy
User :   he never likes to go there
User :   keeps crying all the time
User :   if someone shouts at him he starts shivering
User :   i noticed this two days back
User :   when husbnand shouted at hm
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   He needs proper counselling and rehab therapy from an expert Psychiatrist
Doctor :   Family and community intervention is important while on the treatment
User :   k
Doctor :   Dr. is a child psychiatrist and Additional Professor at the Department of Child Psychiatry, NIMHANS
User :   what time wl he be available
User :   i am looking for psychiatrist
User :   who is availabel in teh evenings
User :   as am unable to take leave
Doctor :   I am not sure
Doctor :   Otherwise you can meet this persion who is a child Psychologist
User :   which hospital will she be availbel doc
User :   do you know any doctor close to r t nagar
User :   or sanjaynagar, mekri circle
Doctor :   We have very few in Bangalore in the field of Child Psychiatry
User :   k
User :   jayanagar is very far for us
Doctor :   I think you can find out from her if you go once
User :   you dont have any other contact details of doctors close to r t nagar
User :   seshadripuram also fine
Doctor :   We have very few experts in Bangalore relating to Child Psychiatry
User :   k
Doctor :   Else you can call, this number and find out
User :   ok
User :   ok sure i will find out
Doctor :   This is an organisation called SUTRADHAR, which is helping in this field
User :   k
User :   sure i will do that
User :   is there any option to take advise of psychiatrist online
User :   through healthcare magic
Doctor :   They at least need one physical consultation
User :   ok
Doctor :   Online consult is not helpful for small children
User :   k
Doctor :   especially when it comes to behavioural counselling
User :   ok
User :   last two days he is not eating also properly
User :   he had loose motion yest thrice in the mong
User :   it stopped after that
User :   i gave him zopi
User :   then again today also semi solid
User :   once
Doctor :   Ok He might need some tests
User :   k
User :   i spk to sutradhar
User :   what kind of tests
Doctor :   That is good
Doctor :   hello
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor