Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

7 year old advised for circumcision. Suggestion? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 22-Aug-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Child Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2569 Questions
User:Hello...I have question abt my son...
Doctor:How can I help you?
Doctor:Proceed with your query
User:Hello Dr. XXXXXXX he's 7+ years - he has been advised circumcision -
User:wanted to check some details abt the procedure and the recommended hospital / doctor where he can be treated..
User:like does it need general anasthesia ..recovery period etc...
Doctor:No, it does not need general anesthesia.
Doctor:Some doctor just sedate the child and perform the procedure.
Doctor:He will be sent home withing 4-6 hours.
Doctor:There may be some dressing changes for couple of days and that's it.
Doctor:As far as specialist is concerned, it is a very simple procedure and can be done by urosurgeon or any other general surgeon.
User:is this done by a paediatric surgeon ...or any hospital
User:ok ... got my answer...
Doctor:You can look for any multispecialty hospital and get the procedure done.
Doctor:If multispecialty hospital is not closeby any hospital with general surgery availability can do.
Doctor:Hope I have answered all your questions.
Doctor:Do you have any other query.
User:ok ... does the hospital need to have an ICU ?....
Doctor:No, not necessary.
User:my wife is concerned becos of the instances of Gen Anasthesia...
User:unfortunately, we were at the dental clinic in HSR when the incident happened....
Doctor:The procedure involves a simple incision and stitching the lose ends. All that is needed is sedation. In fact in some adults, the procedure can be performed without anesthesia too.
Doctor:So do not worry about anesthesia or the procedure.
User:I think I have the info now... thanks for the help... appreciate your patience....
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
User:bye, have a good day..
Doctor:Bye for now.
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor