Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

66 years old, having joint pain. Applied appointment. Not cured. Suggestion? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 02-Aug-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1560 Questions
User:HI ........Gud Afternoon
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:Thank u Dr .. please to chat wid u
User:well my dad is nearly 63years no and he has got severe joint pain
User:he had consulted several doctors and was given some ointments to apply but in return no result
User:the pain remains the same
Doctor:Which joint is paining?
User:and more over his legs get swollen
Doctor:Is it all the joints or specific joint?
User:on both the legs
Doctor:Can you clarify if this pain is restricted to only the leg joints (knee and ankle) or is it generalised to whole leg?
User:i would say knee and ankle
Doctor:You mentioned there is swelling - again is it over the joints?
User:some times he has trouble walking fr a long tym
User:yes its in the joints
User:and swelling is on legs i beg ur pardon
Doctor:Since when is suffering with this pain and swelling?
User:well its been more than a year now
Doctor:Have you consulted an orthopedician?
Doctor:Does he suffer from diabetes, high blood pressure, heart problem?
User:he has got High bp
Doctor:May I know his weight and height?
User:several times he has consulted bt the pain remains the same
User:he is 5'11
User:and he is 102 kgs
Doctor:Let me brief you.
User:no other problem ........... uric acid and other test that we had done was normal :-0
User:okie doc
Doctor:Looks like your father is suffering with an arthritis. At this age this may be related to osteoarthritis.
Doctor:Osteoarthritis is an degenerative condition related to age, weight and other factors.
Doctor:This condition can be kept under control with medications and physiotherapy. However if the pain is severe and causing debilities surgical treatment would be planned.
Doctor:I think your father needs to be investigated further.
Doctor:He will need X-rays, routine blood test especially serum calcium levels.
User:would u suggest me a good doc where i can go ahead and consult my dad there
Doctor:Following the test specific treatment in the form of pain killers, knee injections, physiotherapy can be planned.
Doctor:May I know your location?
Doctor:Have you tried Hosmat Hospital?
Doctor:I believe there are good and experienced orthopedician/knee specialist. You may consult them.
Doctor:Alternatively, I would give you one reference from XXXXXXX
User:reference from XXXXXXX ? still waiting
Doctor:Sorry for keep you waiting. WWW.WWWW.WW
Doctor:This doctor is associated with XXXXXXX
Doctor:you can contact him at his clinic and take his consultation.
Doctor:Hope it helps you.
Doctor:Do you have any other query?
Doctor:Are you there?
User:thank u soo much DR
Doctor:Do you have any other query?
User:no as of now
User:u takcre and thank u
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
User:bye :-)
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor