Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

2 yr old does not respond to anything told. Should I go to pediatrician ? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 10-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Child Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2568 Questions
Doctor:Please proceed with your query
User:My Son is 2 years old and oes not respond usually to anything
User:he will only do things that he wants to do
Doctor:I get it
User:I am fearful that i think his growth is not like others...
User:my wife is more worried than me...
Doctor:Please get him checked once with the pediatrician
Doctor:It may be too early
Doctor:However, we can rule out a few things at this stage too
Doctor:Is he active and playful?
User:pediatrician is saying we should take him to child psychiatrist
User:highly active and playful on his own
Doctor:To take a child to child psychiatrist at 2 years does not make much sense to me
Doctor:Does he hear you well
User:just does not respond to any instruction given to him
Doctor:Please answer these
User:he responds to us only sometimes however he responds to music highly
Doctor:Is his vision normal?
User:he can see things clearly
Doctor:Can he hear well?
User:i feel he can hear well
Doctor:Please be patient at this stage
User:he responds well when scolded
Doctor:That is great
Doctor:2 year olds usually do not follow the instructions
Doctor:I do not think there is something seriously wrong with him
User:responds to music as well
Doctor:That is good
Doctor:How is his behavior with other kids
User:just does not listen to anything
User:he does not play with any kid except for my 5 year old nephew
User:always hits other kids
Doctor:That is so normal
Doctor:That is how 2 year olds are
Doctor:How is his speech?
Doctor:Does he speak the native language?
User:nothing we can understand
User:kind of destructive
User:he speaks like toddlers
User:nothing else
Doctor:Do you speak to him often?
User:we try to speak to him however he does not respond
Doctor:I understand
Doctor:Take him over to another Pediatrician
Doctor:Get him examined again
Doctor:If there is no improvement by 3 years
Doctor:Then probably we will have to think in view of Autism spectrum disorders
User:does your panel a doctor who can check my son at Gurgaon?
Doctor:Please confirm your contact number
User:we have taken him to another doctor some time back, pediatricians do not find any fault him
Doctor:Will you guide you on the same
Doctor:Please confirm your contact number
User:0000, it will be picked up by my wife, I am currently out of india
User:my wife's name is XXXXXXX
Doctor:We will speak to your wife
Doctor:Give us some time
Doctor:We will get back to your wife
Doctor:Thank you too
User:should i disconnect now
Doctor:Yes please
Doctor:bye for now
Doctor:Take care
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor