Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

11 year child has fever. Should we consult pediatrician? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 27-Jul-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Child Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
Doctor:Good evening
Doctor:Please proceed with your query
User:I have a question
User:I have daughter who is 11 years old
User:she is having fever, should I consult a paediatrician or a general physican
User:till what age does a paediatrician take care
Doctor:A pediatrician can see a child, teenager up to the teens
User:when we go to a paediatrician, only small kids come there and she feels uncomfortable that is the reason I asked
Doctor:No, it is not that way
Doctor:Your daughter is 11 and she needs to be seen by a Pediatrician
Doctor:A pediatrician sees a patient up to 19 years
Doctor:You may have to explain this clearly to your daughter so that she understands
User:ok I will explain her
User:thank you
Doctor:Thank you too
Doctor:Is that all for now?
User:yes that's all
Doctor:Pleasant evening ahead
Doctor:Take care
Doctor:Bye for now
User:you too
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor