Fallopian tube cancer

What is Fallopian tube cancer?

Fallopian tubes serve as a tunnel for the transportation of egg (ovum) from ovaries to uterus. Malignant cancer of fallopian tube is termed as Fallopian Tube Cancer. It can be adenocarcinoma, which is more common, other forms may include leiomyosarcoma and the transitional cell carcinoma.

- Written by

Questions and answers on "Fallopian tube cancer"

I have just been diagnosed with adenomyosis...and im told the only cure is to remove my uterus.. i had hoped to get pregnant this year but having issues with cysts this year and now this deep stabbing pain i just dont know what to do..i will have surgery if this is the only way to get my quality of life back...i will be 45 in sept and although i would love to have a child, i lost my mom at age 53 to fallopian tube cancer and i just dont want to take any chances. please let me know
Adenomyosis is a condition where inner wall of uterus called as myometrium,breaks through the muscles of uterus.
It results in severe abdominal cramps before periods and heavy menstrual bleeding.
Treatment of adenomyosis depends upon the the symptoms,their severety and whether you have...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
hi there i went to see the gyno she inserted a thing in my vg and then said i need you in for a endemeterium biopsy dont know how to spell asap shbe took a ca125 test and said my uturus was thick
then i went in for my endimurium biopsy the registar came back when i came round and said my uturus was bulky no fibroids or polyps i will hear up to 6 weeks then next day i went for a scan he said a had a huge gallstone that would explain the pain under my ribs ? and shoulder | whATS EXPLAINING MY LOWER BACK PAIN AND MY SWELLING I LOOK AS THOUGH IM READY TO DROP A BABY I LOOK PREGGERS EVERYDAY IM ALWAYS CONSTIPATED IT DOES NOT MAKE A DIFF I HAVE TRIED LAXATIVES ONCE A WEEK

Thanks for the query.

You have provided me with good information.

You have undergone endometrial biopsy and CA 125 and you are awaiting results.

Normally your doctor may suggest a CA 125 test if he is suspecting that you may be having ovarian, endometrial, and peritoneal or fallopian tube cancer...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
Please explain what a Stage 1C means for a tumor on an ovary? This was discovered during a complete hysterectomy?
Brief Answer:
Hi and welcome to HCM

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query.
We can consider this as early stage of ovarian cancer so this is good sign. Stage 1c means that cancer was found on both your ovaries and cacner cells are found in intraabdominal fluid, but cancer hasnt not spread to...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
My wife has a significant fallopian tube cyst. Is there a test to determine beign or malignant?
Brief Answer:
Diagnosis is based on many findings

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query

I understand that your wife has a fallopian tube tumor and it is cystic.

Please remember that most lesions of the fallopian tube are caused due to infections. The tube is blocked and secretions get...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
Hello please provide information regarding vaginal cuff fluid detected by CT scan I am 50 years old and had my hysterectomy in April 2012. I am experiencing left abdominal pain which radiates into my left leg and lower back. My uterus, cervix, left ovary and Fallopian tubes were removed. I am taking HRT. I had several adhesions removed on my left side during my surgery. Please advise. Thank you for your assistance.

Thanks for using healthcaremagic.
Vaginal cuff fluid means that there is some fluid around the site of surgery where they might have tied the sutures to the vagina after removing the cervix and the uterus.
Small amount of fluid is not a cause for worry but if the fluid is large it can be due...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
hi i had hysterectomy 2 and half years ago they left my ovaries and now for the past year i have had pain on my left side had scan and have been told i have infection on left Fallopian tube, when i had my hysterectomy i was very ill and had a collection of blood a blood clot after haveing it i was ill for many months and could this of caused the fallapian tube to have this infection the pain is very bad now
Thanks for writing to us.
The presence of a blood clot in the area after the surgery can cause an infection around the fallopian tube. Since you are having a persistent pain after the surgery, it may be related to a chronic infection in the area.
I hope this information has been both...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
View more

Health resources related to Fallopian tube cancer

A Doctor will be with you shortly

Related Drugs/Medications

Related Treatment/Therapy

Related Lab Tests

Related Medical Topics

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions