I was diagnosed with sleep apnea in 2011. I didn't know snoring really loud was a condition until the girl I was seeing, couldn't stand sleeping next to me. So I went in to see a doctor and a sleep study was performed. The results were that I have Obstructive Sleep Apnea
In 2006 I was diagnosed with hypertension
and since then, I've been diagnosed with CHF and dilated cardiomyopathy
in 2012. I've done the research referring to http://www.sleepapnea.org/learn/sleep-apnea.html. This particular page relates untreated sleep apnea to hypertension and I believe, I've had sleep apnea for years that has gone undiagnosed because of these facts;
- I was diagnosed with hypogonadism
in 2000, which I've been being prescribed Testosterone Replacement Therapy
since 2000, as well.
- The testosterone injections has caused me to gain a lot of weight. I was 160 lbs before I began treatment for my hypogonadism and throughout the years, I have continuously gained weight to where my weight is at 280 on average. IAW my medical records, my doctors state that I have high hips, making my waistline an easy 40 inches plus on average.
- I was being prescribed 400 mg/ 2 weeks for 10 years before my doctors decided I was taking too much and decided to lower my dosage to 200 mg/2 weeks.
- During treatment on TRT, I've had a heart attack
, been diagnosed with insomnia, depression
, PTSD, sleep apnea, CHF, Hypertension and Dilated Cardiomyopathy, amongst just a few of my conditions.
- I am still being treated for all of these conditions & I wear a CPAP when I sleep at night.
*My question is, can I have a doctor type a statement relating my sleep apnea to my hypertension? I am requesting this for VA Compensation Benefits. I feel that the VA Hospital works hand in hand with the VA Regional Office, so its hard to get any of my requests met without feeling like I'm asking them to go out of their way to assist me.
If you believe my sleep apnea began while in service, do you believe it began before I was diagnosed with hypertension?
I have more evidence to send if you can provide me with an email.
I have tried sending you my complete medical history related to my service, but it is too large to upload. If you have any suggestions on how I can send it to you, I will be happy to do so. Thank you.
I would also like to know your opinion about my heart conditions....Do you believe that they all stemmed from the time frame in my medical records, from the evidence you have and may have gone undiagnosed?