Acne vulgaris

Acne vulgaris

What is Acne vulgaris?

Acne,medically known as Acne Vulgaris, is a skin disease that involves the oil glands at the base of hair follicles. It commonly occurs during puberty when the sebaceous (oil) glands come to life .The glands are stimulated by male hormones produced by the adrenal glands of both males and females. Acne is not dangerous, but can leave skin scars.

- Written by

Questions and answers on "Acne vulgaris"

hi sir, i consulted dermatologist for hair and acne treatment, first i used mintop 2% for 3months with biotin tablets H-vit 5mg,for acne klynx gel but both treatment done by different doctors but no improvement, then i went again for another...
Brief Answer:
saw palmetto

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query
Androgenic alopecia is also called as patterned alopecia as the loss of hair is mainly from frontal and central part of scalp. It is male hormone dependent and hence it is important to control the effect of hormone on hair....
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
Hi, I am 25 yr old female and i hav acne on my back that leaves mark as it heals ... Also i am getting treated for acne vulgaris , the medicines prescribed are CNN 100 , episoft face wash and nadibact cream to be applied twice daily . how should i...
Acne vulgaris doesnot have a permanent cure but it can be kept under control. It stops in many by 25-30 years of age. Diet wise high glycaemic diet food should be avoided esp high sugar containing food, also less dairy products as well. Dont use hot water to wash your face. use lukewarm or cold...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
hi i am suffering from acne vulgaris from many days and it is reduced after using some medicines.but some how againg it started and the main thing is i have my marriage in 20 days and i am using azithral 500mg suggested by my doctor and hope this...
apply clindamycin gel on pimple
dont prick it
-take second course of azithral after 7 day.
this will work best
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
i am sufring from acne vulger from last 3 month. my docter advised me for aziwok 250, clear gel,niltan,but still their is no improvement in my skin..these pimple is present in smaal amount.please sujest me anything for pimple and scare
Brief Answer:
details below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query.
Acne treatment needs a combination of approach.
Please follow this regimen.
1. Apply epiduo cream in night keep it for an hour and wash your face.
2. Apply dew soft moisturiser and sleep.
3. In early morning apply clindac...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
Hi Doctor, I am married 23 yrs old.. i am suffering from acne vulgaris for past 6 yrs and i have undergone several treatments right from medication to chemical peeling ..still i am facing breakouts and have pits and red scars on my face ..also i...
Brief Answer:
Please read a detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us.
I can totally understand your concern.
I know how frustrating it is when you have tried almost everything available to treat your skin condition.
I have seen the images attached.

Now to treat...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
Hello Doctor I am suffering from acne vulgaris and acne scars from several months . I have tried the following medicines : metadox and aziderm , clindamycin , retino - a . The scars are not fading . Recently I have started using blemish patch from...

first of all we have to understand that scars are holes or pits in the skin , and marks are dark spots. which one do you have is most important to determine.

treatment for scars is different from that of spots.

if you have spots, use gycolic acid 6% cream on it, at night daily. that should...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
Hello Dr Myself Nil i m 23 yr old Male Previously i used to have Acne Vulgaris and later on consulting Dermatologist they gave me medicines It is been Cured but in the recent past again the same Acne on Face is been Coming It is Medium in Size...
Hi, you are having acne vulgaris. Acne vulgaris is relapsing and chronic disease having multiple preciptating factors. Your facial skin must be oily. So, you should take precautions to reduce oiliness. If you are having dandruff, do ketoconazole containing shampoo daily. Avoid exposure to sun,...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
hello doctor i am from kolkata west bengal india and i am suffering from acne vulgaris ,my skin is very sensitive but i have black spot under my eye and want to get rid from under eye darkness ,plaese suggest me tell me some medicine or cream which i can use

I can understand your concern for pimples marks on your face. Acne or pimples are youth related problem and is not a disease per say.

A gel containing clindamycin phosphate 1.2% w/w and tretinoin gel can be very helpful to you for long term in case of acne. The only precaution you should...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
i m doing treatment for my acne vulgaris my dr has given me microbenz cream to apply on my face n cefadur500. after i finish my treatment will my acne occur again. n can u suggest a good fairness cream coz my face complexion is very dark as compared to my body
Welcome to healthcare magic.
Acne vulgaris is an age related, hormone mediated chronic condition which can recur till you are around 26 years of age. Once your active pimples have disappeared, you should use maintenance treatment like topical benzoyl peroxide / adapelene combination for...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
hi taking lagap doxylag 100 mg( doxycycline bp). for acne doctor doctor my skin is very oily and sensitive so sometimes i have acne on my face i am using max on cleanse, toner, doxycycline capsule and night using retinol 0.025% cream on my face
Hello neha,

You are currently using nearly all of the medications we have against this disease process. Here is a little more information on your problem.

Acne vulgaris is a common skin disease. Acne vulgaris is a common disease and is characterized by noninflammatory, open or closed comedones...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
i have a pimple prone skin... they only appear few times in many months.. but when they do....they leave marks..and they start 2-5 at a time.... what causes them to appear? why all of a sudden and not all along.. what can i do to prevent scars? pimples on my forehead and chin usally dont leave scars only ones onmy cheeks do. and I consulted a doctor once.. he said i dont have acne vulgaris ... i dont have pimples on my back but usually on face and sometimes on my scalp... Please help. Regards
Please mention your age and sex. your pimples can be easily treated by a dermatologist. Hormonal variations and stress are the main reasons. Do not pick your pimples which can cause scarring. once the pimples are treated u can go for acne scar treatment.
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
hello doctor!
I have been using Dermadew caloe lotion for a couple of day. i was suggested by my skin doctor for the treatment of acne vulgaris. I use it after applying clingard anti-acne gel, but after applying dermadew, i get a Burning sensation on my skin! Does it mean that i need to stop it or is it just so. Please help.. i am 23 yrs. female.
Hi i do not think dermadew caloe lotion helpd in acne vulgaris more over calamine gets absorbed by sec infected pimples and cause more irritation .hence stop dermadew caloe lotion .and use clingard in the morning and epiduo cream in the night for short contact therapy along with good face wash...
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
I have a white skin tag like thing that appeared a couple of months ago,I did have oral sex with a new partner,but itdoes hurt if i try to pull it,it actually looks like three tags in one,and one time I woke up my lip was swollen and it was because of that and it looked like it runs very deep across and in my lip,but that was the only time it actually swelled and i could see it bulging out across my lower lip ,mostly it just is a little white tag.what could it be?
Hi, Thanks for using HCM.

The lesions might be due to acne vulgaris or infected glands. If you can put the picture we can diagnose properly as this needs examination. Do not squeeze or handle it. Wash with soap and cool water,dry with cotton cloth by just applying pressure and don't rub it....
Read Full Thread     Ask a Doctor Now »
View more

Topics related to Acne vulgaris

A Doctor will be with you shortly
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions