why do my knees hurt during my period?

i have endomertyosis and when i start my period my joints hurt.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Feb 2011
Endometriosis is a condition wherein the uterine tissue is deposited at abnormal sites. This tissue is susceptible to the hormones released during menses. Hence, it will bleed from these abnormally located tissues too. Its very likely that you have this abnormal tissue in your knees too, though very rare.
An ultrasound or MRI scan of the knee joint during menses would be ideal to establish a diagnosis. You need to consult a Gynaecologist and an Orthopaedician.
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Dr. Vikas Dwivedi's  Response
welcum to healthcaremagic
in periods generally muscle pain is there, due to contraction in muscles u r feeling pain in the knees, better u do sum exercise daily to maintain ur muscle flexible or u can go n consult a physio.
definitely ur problem will cum down.
tk cr.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.