whenever i sit for a long time and put a leg over another or bend a leg it cracks when i straighten it and sometimes my knees crack while walking

hello,I am 18 years old. weight around 64kg. My knees have been cracking for nearly a year now.. whenever i sit for a long time and put a leg over another or bend a leg it cracks when i straighten it and sometimes my knees crack while walking and recently i have been feeling some pain in my knees. it is not swollen and the pain is not huge its a slight pain but yeah it hurts and thats not normal.. i hope you can tell me what is causing that and give me advices
Asked On : Tue, 3 May 2011