when I breath in, there is a sort of painful popping in my chest to the left, where my heart should be

Hey, I started getting this problem about a year or so a go and recently it s been happening alot more often. It s like, when I breath in, there is a sort of painful popping in my chest to the left, where my heart should be. I feel it coming on and when I breathe in it sort of pops with pain and then goes. This is happening 5-6 times a day and has been getting worse recently. I m not to sure what it is but I don t know whether to be worried or not.
Asked On : Tue, 3 Aug 2010