what my wife can do to induce her labor

my wife has been taking black cohosh to induce her labor and she has been taking six 540mg tablets a day she still has not went into labor but i worrie she is taking too much so is there anybody who can tell me if she should stop taking it or what she can do to induce her labor??
Asked On : Sun, 14 Feb 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Black cohosh may be safe at recommended doses, but possible side effects include liver damage and autoimmune hepatitis.Reported direct side-effects also include dizziness, headaches, and seizures,diarrhoea,nausea and vomiting; sweating; constipation; low blood pressure and slow heartbeats; and weight problems.

Besides ther are certain other methods available for induction of labour which are tried and tested and safe. Your Gynaecologist can do the needful.